It was an uneventful first 10 minutes as both sides got touches of the ball and grew into the game. The game sprung to life as Caernarfon’s Noah Edwards narrowly fired wide of an open goal. 

It didn’t take long after that for the deadlock to be broken as Jacob Bickerstaff’s low effort from 12 yards stung the gloves of Ashley Morris and spun into the net to put the home side ahead.

Bont responded well after the goal, having the share of possession. Ben Ahmun found himself free in the box but his shot could only find the Caernarfon keeper who managed to keep the powerful effort out. 

Penybont continued their dominance which resulted in Kane Owen beating two players out on the left before finishing low and hard at the near post to bring the game level.

Bont continued their pressure after the equaliser with another chance falling to Ahmun, whose back post header from an Owen cross went just wide of the post.

The teams went into the break all square with Penybont growing into the game as the half went on.

Caernarfon came straight out of the traps in the second half as Edwards drove the ball down the right hand side before teeing up Sion Bradley, whose dangerous cross was pushed away by Ashley Morris. 

The pressure continued as the home side had a big shout for a handball in the Penybont box but the referee waved away the protests.

Caernarfon didn’t let up and kept the pressure on the Bont defence, but they stood firm and only allowed Edwards a shot from distance that went well wide.

Penybont started to grow into the second half around the hour mark as several long diagonal balls from Dan Jefferies almost played in Kostya Georgievsky before Jefferies himself went close with a header from an Owen corner.

Penybont continued to dominate possession after the hour mark but against the run of play Caernarfon had a big chance but Cai Jones couldn’t keep the cross down and his effort went over the bar.

Bont responded immediately as Nathan Wood’s shot was deflected out for a corner before Owen found Lewis Harling from the resulting corner, to put Penybont ahead on 70 minutes.

Owen’s corners continued to cause trouble as another found the head of Billy Borge, but he couldn’t direct his header on target.

The chances kept coming for Bont, this time Wood broke through on goal but Cofi’s keeper, Lewis Brass, was out to meet him to shut down the angle.

As the game began to reach the final minutes, it grew in tension, with Edwards and Sam Snaith exchanging words and Mael Davies picking up a yellow card for his protests to the referee.

Penybont looked comfortable after their second goal with a long range effort from Owen driven just over the bar and more dangerous diagonals into the box from Dan Jefferies.

The hosts mounted a phase of late pressure with another big shout for a handball but the ref waved it away once again. 

The pressure continued into the late stages of injury time only for Bradley to grab a late equaliser with the last kick of the game.

A disappointing end to another solid Penybont performance.

The result sees Penybont open up a 6 point lead on Barry in 5th heading into the final three games of the season.

Manager, Rhys Griffiths, said “the pitch was lively today, and dictated the performanceand neither team could really string any passes together. I thought we battled hard but we didn’t quite maintain our focus in the last 10 minutes and we started to give away sloppy free kicks, gave them territory and obviously let them in at the end.”

He went on to add “we’re looking solid for fourth, it’s not done by all means, Barry are capable of winning all their games and we could always lose all of ours but we strengthened our position further and that’s important to us, not just for the play offs but because we want to finish fourth.”

Penybont XI: A. Morris, K. Owen, A. Evans, D. Jefferies, M. Davies, K. Georgievsky (L. Walsh 79’), L. Harling, B. Ahmun, N. Wood (L. Clutton 75’), S. Snaith, B. Borge.

Penybont Goals: K. Owen (34’), L. Harling (70’)
Caernarfon Goals: J. Bickerstaff (20’), S. Bradley (90’)